Geneva Lake Conservancy, Inc.
Geneva Lake Conservancy, (GLC) a private, non-profit, local land trust in Fontana, Wisconsin, seeks an Office Administrator to take on all financial and administrative activities of the Conservancy to allow the rest of the staff to maintain the momentum of the organization in Land Protection, Advocacy and Fundraising. Additionally, this position would work with the Board to be the point person in coordinating efforts to update and document the organization’s processes and procedures in preparation Land Trust Alliance accreditation at some time in the future.
Reports to: GLC Board Chairman
- Manage the Finances and Bookkeeping Activities.
- Process checks and credit card donations, issue invoices, make deposits and pay bills according to established procedures and record transactions in QuickBooks.
- Reconcile bank statements and create monthly income statements.
- Manage Database transmittal reports for consistency and accuracy.
- Manage audit process with the Board of Directors and provide all supporting documentation to accountant and auditor.
- Assist and oversee the annual budget working with the Board of Directors.
- Maintain Fundraising Database and Website
- Help manage the donor database to keep it consistent with GLC financial statements.
- Develop consistent reporting of donation and event results to staff and board as needed.
- Update the content of the website including calendar dates of notice, newsletters, current events and GLC program information.
- Maintain the Conservancy’s ISP to maintain the web server and manage the Conservancy’s domains and connection to the Internet.
- Support Committee and Board Administration
- Take and prepare Board and Committee meeting minutes.
- Organize and distribute supporting documents for meetings of the board of Directors
- Assist in preparing mailings and with preparations and support for Conservancy events.
- Help organize materials for Land Protection documentation.
- Coordinate Process and Procedure Documentation In Line with LTA Guidelines
- Become knowledgeable with LTA requirements.
- Work with the LTA Accreditation Committee to prioritize and coordinate efforts with the staff to update all processes and procedures to the required standards.
- Assemble and organizes all documents for easy access and reporting.
- Provide General Office Support.
- Maintain inventory of supplies
- Maintain computer software and hardware for office.
- Oversee routine upkeep/maintenance of Mill House building and grounds
- Troubleshoot basic computer problems and provide technical support
- Maintain the Conservancy’s 501(c)(3) status and other charitable organization licenses.
- Process information requests and routine correspondence
- Answer phones and assist with routine photocopying, faxing, printing and mailings
- Schedule meetings and maintain office calendar
- File and maintain vendor contracts and contact information, administrative records, and other project records
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Two years of bookkeeping experience.
- Strong computer skills, including software such as QuickBooks and the Microsoft Office suite; knowledge of web design/maintenance software a plus.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Highly motivated with good follow-through.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, meet deadlines and yet be part of a team working toward a common goal.
- Knowledge of non-profit organizations a plus
- Commitment to the mission of the GLC
Interested applicants should submit a resume and any supporting documents to:Geneva Lake Conservancy Attn. Search Committee PO Box 588 Fontana, WI 53125 or email: Lynn@GenevaLakeConservancy.org, subject “Office Administrator”