Welcome to the Conservancy’s Watershed Education Program.
Each phase of this program brings the conservancy closer to its goal of creating awareness and cohesive community action regarding the Geneva Lake Watershed.
Phase 1: Economic Survey
Phase 2: Installation of Watershed Entry/Exit signs along prominent roadways in the Geneva Lake Watershed. Our map of the watershed indicates the proposed locations of each sign.
- April 18, 2008 PRESS RELEASE Geneva Lake Conservancy unveils Watershed Signs.
Phase 3: School and Civic education program
- March 9, 2009 PRESS RELEASE The Geneva Lake Conservancy introduces Groundwater Models to area schools.
- April 27, 2009 PRESS RELEASE The Geneva Lake Conservancy brings watershed and groundwater education to Fontana’s outdoor classroom.
Watershed & Groundwater Education Materials
“Vulnerable Geneva Lake Coasters” With the help of a grant from the Gaylord and Dorothy Donnelley Foundation, the Conservancy was able to produce an initial run of 5,000 Vulnerable Geneva Lake coasters. These coasters will be distributed on Memorial Day Weekend to local restaurants and bars. If you are interested in receiving these coasters, please contact the Conservancy. Each coaster features one of four photographs taken by local nature photographer Kristen Westlake. On the back are facts and figures about Geneva Lake, its watershed and groundwater.
“Toast the lake, get an education” The Conservancy’s Vulnerable Geneva Lake coasters are featured in the Janseville Gazette!
- UW-Stevens Point Groundwater Model Manual
- Watershed Quest Lesson Plan
- Download Files (zip folder)
- Link to PBS Site
- WI DNR Groundwater Education Resource Guide
- Geneva Lake Conservancy Groundwater Model Presentations & Presentation talking points
- Geneva Lake Conservancy Watershed in a Box materials list
- Geneva Lake Conservancy School Education Program outline
Other Watershed/Groundwater Education Resources & News
- August 7, 2009 A Balancing Act for the Groundwater Protection Act. WI Sen. Neal Kedzie comments on Wisconsin’s 2003 Groundwater Protection Act
- The Nature Conservancy What Threatens Your Fresh Water? What are the threats to fresh water in your neighborhood – and worldwide? Explore the Nature Conservancy’s cool interactive feature to find out and learn how to fight these threats.